Adult Basic Education
Community-based adult basic education services to conquer barriers to employment and other educational goals.
The Adult Basic Education (ABE) Program provides Spanish-speaking adult learners with the following classes:
- GED Math and Computer Tutoring
- Pre-GED skills development in reading, writing and math
- Basic Literacy
- Computer Literacy
- English as a Second Language
We believe that by providing a high-quality, basic adult education program to immigrant, Spanish-speaking adults, we are helping them conquer barriers to employment and other goals that affect their quality of life.
Our goals are:
- to provide accessible and relevant instruction to the adult basic education student in Spanish;
- to increase the motivation of our students to finish their classes;
- to provide quality instruction in the class; and,
- to work collaboratively with other institutions in order to increase the likelihood of personal success for our adult students.
For more information about the Adult Basic Education (ABE) Program, please contact the Latino Center of the Midlands at (402) 733-2720.